10.03.2014

InterWho - Jennifer DeHerrera from Dollipop Cosmetics

Hello Sweeties!

Welcome to our next InterWho (Whovian Interview)..

Blue Box Balm has been friends with Jennifer for quite some time. But only recently have we realized that each of us is a Whovian! 
I had the delight of interviewing Jennifer, so grab a cup of coffee, sit back and enjoy!!


1. Please introduce yourself to our readers and tell us about yourself...
 Hi all! My name is Jennifer DeHerrera and I live in sunny Arizona. I'm a 30ish work-at-home mom and I have 2 daughters; Gigi is 6 and Livi is about to turn 4. I'm an identical twin and my sister Liz and I own Dollipop Cosmetics.

2. When did you first become a Whovian?
 I watched my first Doctor Who episode when I was 8 with my mom. At that time all I knew was that my mom loved the show and that I thought the theme music was somewhat scary. lol. When the newer Who hit Netflix I decided to watch, remembering fondly that my mother was a fan. From "Rose" on I was totally hooked. I then successfully got my entire social group hooked as well.

3. Some of us know that you are the creative mind behind Dollipop Cosmetics, can you please tell us more about your business & products...
 Dollipop Cosmetics is the realization of a dream that my sister and I have always had in owning our own business. We specialize in all natural, highly pigmented eyeshadows. Our shadows are handmade in small batches with good for your skin ingredients! Being geeks, many of our colors are inspired by our favorite fandoms like Doctor Who, Sherlock, Buffy, etc. We even have a booth at the Phoenix Comicon each year so we can share our products with other like-minded people.

4. What is your favorite Classic Who or New Who episode and why?
 It is so tough to pick a favorite. I'm a New Who fan, though I have respect for Classic Who for sure! My favorite New Who episode is Blink. It was so intense and such a well-thought out episode, plus it scared the crud out of me. More favorites would include: The Empty Child, Midnight, The Doctor's Wife, The Lodger...uh oh, too many to list. lol.

5. Series 8 is underway, with a brand new Doctor. What do you think of Peter Capaldi and the series so far?
 I haven't had much time to watch the new season but he seems to be fitting into the role quite well. I miss 10 and 11 though. I was in love with 10 and 11 was my bestest friend so adjusting to an older, edgier Doctor is kind of tough. I'll get there though, I always do.

6. If you could meet just one Doctor Who cast or crew member, who would it be?
 Ooo, that is a tough question because I want to meet so many of them. I'd say Matt Smith though, he is really kind in real life and I think he'd be very interesting to talk to.

7. Who is your favorite Doctor and why?
 My favorite Doctor is number 10. He was just the right amount of angry, loving, funny, strong, and sarcastic for me. Though Number 11 is a super close 2nd.

8. Who is your favorite companion and why?
 Amy is my all-time favorite companion. She's snarky, stylish, and very good at putting 11 (and Rory) in his place. 

9. If you could travel with The Doctor in his TARDIS to any time and/or place, where would you like to go?
 I think I'd go into the future, maybe 300 years, to see what becomes of the Earth and humans, maybe look up my relatives. Checking out alien planets would be very tempting as well. 

10. Is there anything you would like to add before we wrap up this interview (such as conventions you gone to, cast you have met, a collection you have, etc)?
 I have met John Barrowman twice now at the Phoenix Comicon. He is very nice and loves his fans! Unlike some stars, he's okay with you giving him a hug and he may even squeeze your bum when you do, which I'm pretty sure most of us Whovians would be perfectly fine with. lol. 



Big THANK YOU to Jen for participating in our whovian interviews!
Be sure to stop by Jen's shop to find all kinds of fantastic handmade mineral cosmetics!!

If you have any questions for Jen, please comment below..


No comments:

Post a Comment